Are you reading???

Happy 4th of July weekend! I hope to see you at the parade tomorrow morning! I have been reading some great books this summer and hope that you are too! I recently finished The Celestial Globe and Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer am listening to Lucky Breaks on CD in my car, reading a professional book called The Reading Zone, and am reading Betsy-Tacy. The Celestial Globe is the second book in the Kronos Chronicles and I am now looking forward to the third book in this series! Theodore Boone is John Grisham's new book for kids. I think that Mr. Grisham did a great job setting up the main story in this first book of a planned series. If you are interested in court cases and the law, this will be a perfect book for you. Lucky Breaks is the second book by Newberry winning author and librarian, Susan Patron. I am really enjoying listening to this one! Don't forget that having someone read a book aloud to you or listening to a book on CD or Playaway is another great way to "read". If you are taking a road trip this summer, check out an audio book from the library and bring it in the car. I bet the whole family will enjoy it!

A librarian friend forwarded Al Roker's Book Club for Kids... Check it out! I am not familiar with this title, The Jaguar Stones: Book One: Middleworld, but it does sound interesting. I would love to hear how your summer reading is going! Please post a comment here!

1 Response to "Are you reading???"

  1. F Says:

    See you in the morning! I am finally getting to the lists- Oprah's has some good stuff that I want to look for. I checked out the list for age's 4-8 on the 2 by 2 lists but for George, I think maybe I need to go up some to easy chapter (he has read w/ his dad almost all chapter out there, it seems, though getting into Ency. Brown now and Capital mysteries). Oh and we love Mo Willems! those are the best early readers out there in the Gerald and Piggie. Hoot! I think we have most of his stuff, readers and picture books. I wish he would make some other early readers, a step up from the Gerald and Piggie books... I guess I need to pull out the Harold and Mudge again and give those a shot. He didn't care for them as books read to him but I bet for reading alone, it might be different...

    I can't wait to go through more lists!

    Frances Woolsey

Post a Comment