Amazing Birthday Book Club Week!!!!

I hope that all of the birthday book club participants had a great time choosing their books! We had a wonderful week that reminded me how lucky I am to be a part of the Doss community! Kim Belew led a fabulous group of volunteers! She was amazingly organized and at this point there are only a few students (who were absent last week) that still need to choose their books. The pictures are being developed and the bulletin board will be going up soon. AMAZING!!! Please take a moment to share the title and a brief summary of your book. I think that it would be fun to hear about the new books in the library.

11 Response to "Amazing Birthday Book Club Week!!!!"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I realllllllllllllllllllly loooooooooooove 11 Birthdays! It is such a good book! sadly, though, I have no birthday twins! Will anybody let me know if there is somebody else with a birthday on September 1?

  2. Bonnie Says:

    I thought that this was a great book too, Sage! I am glad that you enjoyed it so much! Maybe there is a birthday twin for you at Doss... This makes me wonder if a science fair project could be done on birthday twins. Maybe someone will come up with an interesting hypothesis.

  3. Sophie Says:

    Mrs. Lang, I really loved my birthday book. It was the Red Blazer Girls and it was pretty awesome!!

  4. Bonnie Says:

    Sophie- I haven't read that one yet, but saw that it was back on the shelves. I ordered the second book a few weeks ago. It's called The Vanishing Violin, and hope that it arrives soon! Should I hold it for you to read first? Did you know that the third book, The Mistaken Masterpiece, is going to be out in the spring. I'm excited about this new series. Thanks for recommending it!

  5. Unknown Says:

    Hellooo off topic but I went to the book feat an
    got to go to the book fest and got a signature from Ingrid law

  6. Bonnie Says:

    I was there too! I saw Michael Buckley walking toward to signing tent with Topher. I heard Sara Pennypacker, Lisa Railsback, and Carolyn Cohagan speak. I also heard Keith Graves read Chicken Big and Frank Was a Monster. Lastly, I saw Meg Cabot and she signed a book for my daughter. It was a great day and I recommend that everyone attend the festival next year!!!

  7. Sophie Says:

    That sounds so cool, I can't wait to read The Vanishing Violin and any other books that he writes! Thanks for telling me about it!

  8. Sophie Says:

    Oh my goodness! I can't believe that the book fair is next week! I am so excited! Mrs. Lang can you recommend any great books you saw there?

  9. Mrs. Lang Says:

    Sophie- I am really excited too! I will be helping the wonderful book fair chairs and volunteers unpack boxes tomorrow afternoon. I will blog about the books that I see sometime tomorrow or Saturday. Don't forget to come to the pajama party from 5-7 Monday night! It's going to be a fun opening event for the book fair and a great first chance to get some awesome books!

  10. Meggie Says:

    hey Mrs. Lang!! i just finished the book called Number the Stars . it was all about the time during the Nazis. the main character (Annemarie) has to help save her friend Ellen (because shes Jewish)runaway from the Nazis. it was a REALLY good book!! even though it was a fiction, i still learned a bit of that time period. because i liked that book so much, i decided to start to read a book called A Girl Named Eva . ill tell more about it when im done with it!!

  11. Bonnie Says:

    Meggie- I thought that Number the Stars was a fantastic book! I am very curious to hear what you think about Someone Named Eva when you are done. I found it fascinating and had to do some research on a part of the Holocaust that I knew nothing about before reading this piece of historical fiction. Also, I need a lesson on how to italicize my titles when posting a comment on the blog... Can you show me how?

Post a Comment