5th Graders Blogging about Books!

Hi Gang-  I am really looking forward to reading about what you have been reading!  Please share, but make sure not to spoil the ending for your classmates (or me)!  All comments will come to be for approval so they will not be posted immediately.  An important rule here is to include only your first name and your last initial & this area is for the 2010-2011 5th graders only... everyone elses turn will come.  Of course, anyone is welcome to read the posts, just not contribute. 

I'll go first....

I just finished re-reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. This is a powerful book about a dystopian society. Though I don't usually recommend going to Wikipedia- there is a great explanation of what this is. I think that some of you would enjoy this book, but you should know that it can be quite upsetting and may be one that you put on your list to read when you're in middle school. 

I am eagerly awaiting your posts!  Well... I love to have your posts here, but I am also checking out the Reading Room on the Doss fifth grade blog.  Isn't it great that we're all using Web 2.0!?!

4 Response to "5th Graders Blogging about Books!"

  1. Sophie Says:

    I have two grat books that are bothi in a series. The first one is the Pendragon books by D.J. McHale! I love his style of writing and it's a really big series so it will take you a while to read all of them! The next book is The Hunger Games! I just started to read it but it looks like it's gonna be great. The Hunger Games is part of a trilogy. I hope that helps!!

  2. Sophie Says:

    So I finished the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and I loved it! The first two books I would rate five stars and the third book I read faster than I probably should have and I don't know what to rate it. If you wanted a happy ending you don't really get it. I loved the series and I highly reccomend it to anyone! I personally rank these books slightly above Harry Potter and Percy Jackson (which for me is very high!) I hope you read this series, it is the best!

  3. Bonnie Says:

    Wow Sophie! That sure is high praise! I enjoyed the series as well and we will have to talk about the ending in person... looking forward that!

  4. Unknown Says:

    i agree with sophie even though i'm not even close to finishingit i love the detail like"i felt the grape explode with flavor in my mouth" or some ting like that and i'm talking about the hunger games if you didn't no and as i write this people are asking me if they can borrow it after me. i'm one lucky boy because my dad has every book on his kindle!

Post a Comment