What's in Your Backpack?

I hope that everyone has a book... or an e-reader, in their backpack! I must admit that I am enjoying my Kindle and wanted to let you know that I checked out three books from the Austin Public Library on it! How awesome is that? You need to have a library card so if you didn't sign up during Library Card Sign-up Month- do it now. You can download a book to your device from the comfort of your home. There are even audio books! Check it out online. Scroll down a bit and you will see "Downloadables". Click and you will be taken to a new screen where you can search for e-books and audiobooks that you can put in your cart and download immediately.

It looks like the Digital Bookmobile is coming to town. The schedule shows that it will be at Barton Creek Square Mall on November 5th and at Recycled Reads on November 6th. I think that I might have to check it out. If I do, I'll let you know what I learn. I also hope that you have visited Recycled Reads. It is APL's recycled bookstore and you will be amazed at the treasures to be found! All children's books (picture and chapter books) are 50 cents... yes, you read this correctly- 50 cents each. Adult hardbacks are $2.00 and paperbacks are $1.00. Store hours are limited-- Thursday through Sunday from noon to six o'clock so mark your calendar and plan a trip to Recycled Reads. You won't regret it!

2 Response to "What's in Your Backpack?"

  1. Luca Says:

    I cannot believe what I just read! I am so amazed that children's chapter books are only 50 cents! I could buy either my mom a paper back book for one dollar or I could buy my self four whole books!!

  2. Mrs. Lang Says:

    I know... Recycled Reads rocks!!!

Post a Comment