The Cabinet of Wonders

I just finished my 19th bluebonnet book! The Cabinet of Wonders is the first book in The Kronus Chronicles trilogy and was written by Marie Rutkoski. I am going to come clean here... I try so hard to keep up with all of the books that the Doss Owls are reading that I rarely read the second book in a series. However, this is one of the exceptions. I just placed a hold on The Celestial Globe so that I can pick up this second book of the planned trilogy at the Old Quarry Branch of the Austin Public Library (APL). If you've never put a book on hold and want to learn how to do that, ask the public librarian to show you how to set up an account. I put books on hold all the time and receive an email from APL when my book is ready to be picked up... it is so convenient! Anyways, back to the book... I think that it would be a great read-a-loud for a family. It has a little bit of something for everyone... magic, mystery, history, and suspense! The characters are interesting and though several people have told me that they found the book difficult to get into... DON'T give up!!! I found that the excitement builds and wish that I had The Celestial Globe now! Bummer!!! Check out the mini book trailer on amazon.com. You can see it if you scroll down a bit and look for the Amazon video in the box where it says "Check Out Related Media". Cool!!!

6 Response to "The Cabinet of Wonders"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    It is such a cool book! If you like adventure you should read that book!
    By Jacob Nannapaneni

  2. Unknown Says:

    Really anonymous Jacob but I do agree with you it is a good book

  3. Sophie Says:

    I am in the middle of this book right now and I absolutely love it. I was wondering if it was science fiction or fantasy? I'm thinking its sci-fi but I was just wondering!!

  4. Bonnie Says:

    If I recall the details correctly, I think that this is a great example of a science fiction book! The element of science without wizards and other fantastical things would make it sci-fi. I believe that events were explained by science rather than magical occurences. Feel free to correct me... I read it over the summer and have enjoyed other books since so I may have forgotten something.

  5. Sophie Says:

    That's what I thought it was I just wanted to make sure so I wouldn't put it wrong on my reading grid for my 40 books this year!

  6. Bonnie Says:

    Awesome!!!

Post a Comment